Thursday, April 26, 2007

Took the Day Off

I took the day off to catch up on some work at home. Crazy huh? Work is just interfering with my personal life. Hahaha!

Brought my dog to the vet and saw these hamsters for sale. Tried to get my rat terrier to look at these cute critters, but he was too traumatized after the vet. Just kidding, he just had a blood test so the vet would allow me to buy heartworm medication for him.

My annual camera club photo exhibition is next week so I had to mat all my pictures for the show. I have been so busy in the last year or so that I haven't been able to attend many club field trips to take the artsy-fartsy pictures. Oh well, I'll just show what I have. I won't expect any ribbons this year, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

- AV

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of heart worm treatment do you use for your dog? I use revolution- it's a liquid that you apply in b/w their shoulder bones (behind their head) and it apparently covers fleas n heart worm. But, some vets do not like it b/c they are not sure how much of the solution actually gets absorbed.

ps, best of luck with your photo exhibition (you know Wallhogs has some cool photographer materials, let me know, I might be able to get you a little discount, too :) )

cube said...

Good idea! I can use a day off myself :-)

AVCr8teur said...

Hey Big Scott, I use Heartgard. It's 6 chewable cubes for about $35. I never tried Revolution before. I use Frontline for the flea control. I saw your Wallhogs, looks pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cube, Any day is a good day for a day off. Best is a Thursday. When you go back to work the next day, it's already Friday and then the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I used those two brands when they were younger but, for simplistic purposes, I switched to Revolution- just one dose, once a month (my old vet recommended it, too). You don't have to worry about dog(s) not eating the heartguard (or having to mix it in with other food just to sneak it past them). But, whatever works, works, right? Take care AV, see you around.

AVCr8teur said...

Big Scott, my dog loves to eat Heartgard so I have to make sure he eats only 1. :P Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

LOL, awesome, that's perfect. One of my dog's, Beaux, will eat anything but, the other one, Luke, is a bit picky so he always gave me trouble with eating them.

You'll have a great weekend, too, AV, tell your pup Beaux and Luke said, woof!