Saturday, July 28, 2007

Grindhouse

Has anyone seen the movie "Grindhouse" released a few months ago? I haven't, so I don't know if the movie was any good. If the title doesn't sound familiar, it was with a gal whose leg was missing and replaced with a machine gun. Now does it sound familiar?

In any case, I'm at Comic-Con this weekend and saw this model posing as the character in "Grindhouse". However, in the movie, the missing leg was faked through Hollywood magic, but this real-life model really was missing a leg.





In your opinion, do you think she was being exploited or it was great that she was offered a job as a model?


- AV

4 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

to each his own, I guess...but it seems kinda weird to me. I didn't see the movie although I did hear about it. I never saw that movie poster though......

kind of odd. (although I wouldn't mind having her abs - ha ha)

AVCr8teur said...

Dana, I agree. It's a little tacky if you ask me. Yeah, it must've been her abs because she was getting lots of attention at the show.

Unknown said...

I've seen a couple of video clips of her being interviewed, where she claims that(and looks as though) she's having a great time.

I've also seen a lot of enthusiastic comments about her in other blogs and forums. For every one that said "this is a bit weird" there were 10 that said "Wow, she's really hot." So if she's (a) having fun and (b) making a positive impression, I don't see any exploitation involved.

AVCr8teur said...

G, thanks for the update. Guess I was wrong about the possibility of exploitation. Glad to hear she enjoyed the attention.