Sunday, July 22, 2007

Man Vs. Wild

Have you been watching "Man vs. Wild" on the Discovery Channel? It's very addictive. The show is hosted by survivalist, Bear Gryllis, who is dropped off at remote sites at various locations around the world with only the clothes on his back and a knife. He eats off the land, use whatever resources he finds to survive, and has 5 days to find civilization.

I have learned how to survive in a desert, jungle, remote island, snow, ...etc. plus the show is entertaining although Bear takes a lot of risks jumping into rivers from enormous heights, eat raw raven eggs or a goat's eye for protein, kill a rattlesnake or a rabbit for food, fish for piranas, pee on his headgear to keep cool in the desert or pee on his jellyfish stings to heal.

It's amazing how he starts a fire so fast with just friction on sticks and dry tinder. I would be very proud of myself if I could do just that.

- AV

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Thanks for comment on my blog...I think Wednesday will be when I hit my 500th poat!

Amazing!

Love your posts!
Denise x

AVCr8teur said...

WooHoo Denise! Congrats on your momentous feat!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

ya know AV, I have never watched this but I might have to take a look. I have heard of the peeing on a scarf to cool off your head before...ewwwww - but hey, if it saves your life...guess I would be willing to try it.

AVCr8teur said...

Dana, Bear is very entertaining especially with his British accent. I'm not sure when it's on in your area, but last night was like a "Man vs. Wild" marathon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so addicted to Man vs. Wild. Glad someone else shares my view! I also love the photo of the Golden Gate on your blog. Look forward to exploring more of it.

Charlotte

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Charlotte, Thanks for your comment. I know there are more of us Bear fans. :)