Friday, July 13, 2007

Reinventing Thyself


It appears there is a trend of companies shortening their names to their initials. For example, "KFC" used to be called "Kentucky Fried Chicken" and "Burger King" is trying to be known as "BK".

When I was in Vegas this past week, I was looking forward to purchasing some "Planet Hollywood" souvenirs until I realized their store only carried "PH" souvenirs. What's up with that?! Are they trying to reinvent themselves? Is it cheaper to print their corporate newsletters? Are they trying to insinuate that they are so well-known that only their initials will suffice?

So, I guess in the future, "Starbucks" will be known as "SBux", "Walt Disney" as "MICK", or "Apple Computers" as "iAC", ...etc.

Shall I rename my blog to "AOLU"? No, it won't make any sense.

- AV


(Note: The image above acquired from the Arizona State University's Photosynthesis Center website and slightly altered to fit my crazy scheme.)

5 comments:

eagerblogger said...

Well, that's everywhere. Jennifer Lopez is J Lo and time will come I'll be plain M to my kids. :)

AVCr8teur said...

You're right, Eagerblogger. Everyone is doing it. Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Interesting outlook, AV. Hopefully I will continue to be BIG scott (or Scott) and not BS ;)

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Big Scott, You crack me up. Thanks for responding.

Thereyoucome said...

oh, forget to say, the pic is interesting:)