Friday, October 17, 2008

War Memorial of Korea

Our City Bus Tour stopped at 26 locations including this must-see location as indicated on their brochure. It is the War Memorial of Korea documenting the country's 5,000 years of combat history. I could not get over how huge this place is. If you click on the photo, notice the little placard on the ground that informs visitors where to stand for the best vantage point for their picture.
To read more about this museum, click here.


Because we had a limited time, we only visited the exterior of the museum at no-charge. If you like planes and tanks, this is a place for you.


I thought this was an interesting statue. I didn't read its description (seen in the next photo) until I got home.


"Statue of Brothers". Click on the photo to read about the statue above.


- Karen

3 comments:

dot said...

I'm not so much for planes and war stuff but I might could handle these. I really like the statue.

Kate said...

The statue of "brothers" is especially poignant when you consider what is done during military conflict.

Jim Klenke said...

I like the Statue of Brothers.