Sunday, March 21, 2010

Museum Discovery

Right across the street from the theatre that none of us can afford to buy is the San Mateo County History Museum.
I pass this building a number of times when commuting on the train and I have always been intrigued with its design. Little did I know this was an old courthouse turned historical museum and is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
The other day, I went in for a look...


After paying my $4 admission fee, I see this lobby.


From the second floor, I look up and see the stained glass dome.


From the second floor, I look down to the lobby and see the California State Seal.
I was pleasantly surprised what a great museum this is to learn about local history. I had never heard of this place until I accidentally discovered it on the internet on the morning prior to my visit.


- Karen

6 comments:

Yvi said...

What a wonderful musuem... :-)

TZ said...

I din manage to go to this discovery museum... I only been to the natural history museum in LA a.k.a Page museum... :)

dot said...

A very nice discovery and no people to mess up the beautiful shots!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Gorgeous architecture. I have never been there but now that I see it I may have to take a look. Beautiful shots.

AVCr8teur said...

Yvi: Yes it was. Much more to see than I expected.

TZ: I bet you had fun at the Page Museum looking at fossils. I have never been there before.

Dot: I think I saw more workers there than patrons. Sad, but it was good for photography.

Poetic Shutterbug: Yes, go see it, you won't be disappointed. Caltrain takes you right there.

Mandy said...

Wow! What a beautiful place!! I just love the grand old dome but it is well worth the entrance price of only $4! Your photos, of course, are amazing.