Saturday, May 07, 2011

Is He Real?

A few weeks back, I visited the Cantor Arts Center on the Stanford University campus. Inside the museum, I spotted this motionless man in the distance.
I thought he must be very tired or talking on his cell phone although I heard no sound uttered in his direction.


After I few minutes, I slowly approached him from the side for a closer look.
Is he real?


No, "David" is not a living, breathing human being, but he is a realistic life-size sculpture called "Slab Man" by Duane Hanson.
I wonder if the museum has a camera trained on "David" to get a good laugh of all those who come about cautiously.


Click on this photo to read the placard on the wall that is next to the sculpture.


- Karen

8 comments:

betchai said...

haha, I thought at first he is real too, :) maybe you were in camera?

Sailor said...

Lol...that is funny. I thought at first that he is real too.

Mandy said...

It's very life-like!! Nicely done!

rainfield61 said...

"David" must be "laughing" at you.

lina said...

He look so real!

AVCr8teur said...

Betchai: I am glad I wasn't the only one who thought so.

Sailor: You fell for the trick too.

Emm: I agree to the point of being scary.

Rainfield61: It won't be the first time.

Lina: Kind of reminds me of the wax museum.

LifeRamblings said...

he's extremely life-like.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is a nice blog and Helpful for me because i have a blog too and i want to simply ask if you want some exchange link to help my blog too. :)



DirectGov Jobs



thanks you very much.

Darwin